Shot timer recommendations?

Everything from training tips to firearm discussion for competitors. What have you learned that you can share and what do you want to know?
winterstick

Shot timer recommendations?

Post by winterstick » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:54 pm

I'm looking at getting a shot time for practice and running some small personal matches. Right now I'm leaning towards a CED 7000 or CED 8000. Anyone have experience with these timers?

todd
Site Admin
What number appears twice below: 0

Re: Shot timer recommendations?

Post by todd » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:19 pm

I have the CED 8000 RF and i like it. It's got a ton of features and has never skipped a beat. The only down side is that it does not have a built in Rate of Fire mode but that's easy enough to do by hand.

-Todd

winterstick

Post by winterstick » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:46 pm

Do you use it for running drills at all? I have heard that the screen has to be open in order to work properly. Also, how well does it work to run matches?

Also, how do you like the size I was leaning towards the CED 7000 because I was going to use it to do some pistol drills and wanted something that wasn’t very bulky. But if you find the size to be fine, I may end up going with the CED 8000 because of the extra features.

todd
Site Admin
What number appears twice below: 0

Post by todd » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:03 pm

winterstick wrote:Do you use it for running drills at all? I have heard that the screen has to be open in order to work properly. Also, how well does it work to run matches?

Also, how do you like the size I was leaning towards the CED 7000 because I was going to use it to do some pistol drills and wanted something that wasn’t very bulky. But if you find the size to be fine, I may end up going with the CED 8000 because of the extra features.

I have used it for drills on a few occasions and I would do so more if I had a decent outdoor range to run drills at. Unfortunately my desire to shoot and my ability to find places to shoot are at odds down here in So FL. The 8000 does not need the screen open to work. It has buttons on the inside and outside just for that purpose

I think the CED7000 is a lot nicer looking and I've seen a lot of good shooters using it. I'm not positive of the big differences between features but the CED support has always been good so if you inquire i'm sure they'll be glad to put you in the right direction for your needs.