Random Shot Timer Tone App

Everything from training tips to firearm discussion for competitors. What have you learned that you can share and what do you want to know?
medphys
What number appears twice below: 9

Random Shot Timer Tone App

Post by medphys » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:42 am

Does anyone know of an Android or iOS app that will play the start tone of a shot timer at random times?

My thought is to use something like this to practice target acquisition and build muscle strength and memory. You would start with your firearm or dummy gun at "the ready" and wait for the tone. Once you hit "start" the app would play the start tone at random intervals from like 5-8 seconds apart (programmable). This could be used for any competitive sport that relies on a start signal too.

If I can't find one, I'll just develop one. Or one of you can.

Thoughts?

klyph12

Re: Random Shot Timer Tone App

Post by klyph12 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:58 am

there are some for your computer at this website

http://www.predatortactical.com/cart.ph ... etail&id=5

you can set par time and target size / shape

todd
Site Admin
What number appears twice below: 0

Post by todd » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:00 pm

medphys

Post by medphys » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Yeah, I have that one, but it would be nice to not to have to push start all the time.

Thinking it through, I think I'm going to sample the shot timer tone and make an mp3 with the tone spaced randomly apart.

Push play, and let 'er rip.

todd
Site Admin
What number appears twice below: 0

Post by todd » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:56 pm

I don't get why you would want that...

the whole point of the timer is so you can measure your reaction time. Just going all pavlov's dog on yourself hearing the beep and raising the gun is neat and all but the only way you will get better is to measure where you are, figure out where you want to be and measure your progress along the way.... Why not set it to beep then record the time of your first shot or of the bolt closing

with that being said... Mr lazy pants.. check out an android app called Tasker. You can set it to continuously listen to your phones microphone for any word or phrase... you can then have it start the timer for you (I think) I think you will need the Tasker Application and one called Autovoice