New member in FL saying hi!

A place to introduce yourself. Tell us a bit about your interests in firearms, competition and what you have done and wish to do in the world of the competitive shooting sports.
RossinFL
What number appears twice below: 9

New member in FL saying hi!

Post by RossinFL » Tue May 19, 2009 8:04 pm

Hi everyone. I just found this forum. I need something new. Up until now I've been shooting at cans, maybe some targets, etc but never an organized course. I want to give it a try... This looks like a good place for me to be!

Paul Winters
What number appears twice below: 0

Re: New member in FL saying hi!

Post by Paul Winters » Sun May 24, 2009 7:55 am

Welcome. I think you will find a whole new level of excitement and interest with the subgun community. The Florida crew are a great bunch, if you are close by. I would also invite you to the Knob Creek Subgun match in October. It is a great place to meet and compete with fellow subgunners from across the country. I encourage you to look around the different topics of this forum for a flavor of the sport. If you have questions, please ask away. Again, welcome and enjoy.

Paul : -)#

todd
Site Admin

Post by todd » Sun May 31, 2009 8:59 am

Hi Ross,

I apologize for the belated welcome but I'm glad to see another Floridian getting into the sport. Where abouts in FL are you? Once you start shooting subgun matches you'll look at shooting in a much different light. We have a subgun match coming up this next Sunday if you are interested. It's in Palm Bay Florida.

-Todd

RossinFL

Post by RossinFL » Sun May 31, 2009 8:11 pm

Todd & Paul, thank you very much for the warm welcome.

Todd, no problem for the belated welcome. We exchanged an email just a week or so ago. Do you allow full auto guns at your shoots? Thanks.

todd
Site Admin

Post by todd » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:54 am

RossinFL wrote:Todd & Paul, thank you very much for the warm welcome.

Todd, no problem for the belated welcome. We exchanged an email just a week or so ago. Do you allow full auto guns at your shoots? Thanks.
Hi Ross,

I thought that was you. :D Yes we allow full auto and semi-auto of pistol caliber. There is a shotgun, pistol and subgun match this coming Sunday. It should be fun.

-Todd

RossinFL

Post by RossinFL » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:42 pm

Todd sounds very fun. I can't make it up this coming week but plan on going in July or August. How much ammo do you recommend per shooter? Thanks.

todd
Site Admin

Post by todd » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:17 am

The round count is usually 200 -300 rounds per shooter. Lately with the ammo shortage we have been integrating shotgun and pistol along with subgun as well.

RossinFL

Post by RossinFL » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:08 pm

Hi Todd, hope the shoot went well. Do you have a webpage that has info like how to get to the location, the schedule of events, etc. Also, I do not hve a shotgun. Do some people participate in the handgun and subgun but not shotgun portion? Will you be doing a match the first Sunday in July? I believe that's 4rth of July weekend. I may not be able to make it due to relatives visiting but August looks good. Thanks!

todd
Site Admin

Post by todd » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Some matches require shotgun, most just subgun. I am unsure if the match will be on July 5th or not but I assume it will. I'll post more when I find out. If you need to borrow a shotgun (when we shoot shotgun again) you are more than welcome to borrow mine.

-Todd

RossinFL

Post by RossinFL » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:44 pm

Todd, thank you very much for the offer. I may take you up on it if you don't mind. I'll keep my eye on this forum for details of the next match. Thanks!

Grasshopper

Hi Ross in Florida

Post by Grasshopper » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:48 pm

Howdy Ross in Florida,

July's PMR&PC match will be subgun only. Semi's in pistol caliber ok also. Hope you can make it.

Grasshopper

RossinFL

Post by RossinFL » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:56 am

HI Grasshopper, thanks for the heads up. I can't make the July match (family coming into town). I plan on coming to the August one though. Can't wait!

bwe firearms

Post by bwe firearms » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:36 am

No shotgun this shoot? I thought you wanted to use my 1100 again Grasshopper, you like it so much. RossinFL I always bring my 14" Remington 1100 to the shoots when we shoot shotgun. It is available for anyone to use. I am going to try to bring extra guns both shotgun and subgun in case anyone needs them.

RossinFL you need to make sure you come to a match you will have a blast.
Richard
Gunsmith/Class 2 Manufacturer

BWE Firearms & Uzi HQ
Longwood, FL
(407) 592-3975
Richard@bwefirearms.com
http://www.bwefirearms.com
http://www.UziParts.com