Rumor Has It.................

General discussion about everything and anything. This forum is not moderated however the rules still apply.
Spitfire_subgun
What number appears twice below: 0

Rumor Has It.................

Post by Spitfire_subgun » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:31 am

Seems this wild rumor is popping up on the internet about me and since it was started by me I will admit it's true!

I know a few of you have seen my Facebook posting So I am going to paste it here. I will say thanks in advance of your best wishes and I will be at the October Shoot Not so sure about being a line RO But in some capacity.

Since there is no easy way to say it Ya' just say it.

Don't Drink, Don't Smoke...What Do You Do!

You Still Get Cancer!

Yup I said it!

Cause I got it!

But I can Say, I don't have it that bad...if that's all possible.
Me just turned 54, yes a few lbs overweight Electrician and Chef ( never trust a skinny chef )

I haven't been to a Dr in 3 years, Dentist in 14. I get a cold once a year. No other ailments attributed to the know spread of cancer. A few joints have a little trouble moving sometimes, even now healthy as a horse.

The type is Cancer of the Tonsil, less that 10,000 cases a year that become malignant, mine is. Good news is I happened to find it early and this type have extremely high percentage of success in eliminating the cancer I expect to be in that group.

I found it because after getting a chest cold from my girlfriend and she said My snoring has become pronouncedly louder I decided to look at the tickle I noticed in my throat. Did not like what I saw, basically the right side of my throat was blocked but an out growth hitting my uvula. After a panic search of worst case scenario searches I told my girl friend about it when she said it just looked like tonsillitis gone bad, and it kind of is.

So after biopsies and a great Ear Nose and Throat D. Not to mention getting some Health insurance in place I will be getting Radiation and Chemo to get rid of it. Down side is to lose the rest of my hair and I mean all of my hair But I am hoping I can grow back the patch on top that time took away.

My biggest concern is that I may not be able to attend the October Knob Creek Subgun National Match in October 2015, I have not missed one since my first match in 2001. Well a few radiation treatments will determine that. Since I always have been an out door cat working in the heat of the kitchen and construction I am sure I can take whatever the treatment delivers.

I am just finishing up my 9mm Spitfire conversion and will be testing next week
I have every intention to do just that! I have the love of family, friends and a great woman Judy Carlson by my side.

The plan so far is 7 weeks of Radiation & 7 weeks of recuperation. Chemo if necessary as of this moment not sure till the last PET scan is done.

Saw through the scope the radiation DR put down my nose that the cancer is only affecting the tonsil tissue. My vocal chords, back of the tongue, throat and roof of my mouth are normal. Radiation will kill the cancer cells and the will shrink back to its normal shape. Chemo will help kill but only if necessary to use it if it were to begin to branch out, But so far it has not. Yeah they usually cut out a bad tonsil But with the Cancer they went to kill the cells assuring it is all gone before or operating at all.

Michael & Judy

While I was under the philosophy of " If It Aint Broke Don't Fix It, I would amend it to say...

Even If It Aint Broke, GET IT CHECKED!
Spitfire_subgun

Ulwembu

Re: Rumor Has It.................

Post by Ulwembu » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:15 pm

I hope to be at the October shoot and really hope to see you there bud!

Paul Winters

On the bright side...

Post by Paul Winters » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:27 pm

On the bright side, like me, nobody will know you lost your hair. Best of luck and look forward to seeing you in any capacity.

You will be in our thoughhts,

Paul : -)#

Spitfire_subgun

Post by Spitfire_subgun » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:08 pm

Ulwembu wrote:I hope to be at the October shoot and really hope to see you there bud!
I guess you were thinking you were gonna get out of taking care of me from last April, for bringing you ammo all the way from Florida! LOL

Let me know ahead of time if your going to need some this October Andy has been having quite a few shipments you should check with him to pre-order.

I will see you soon
Spitfire_subgun

Spitfire_subgun

Re: On the bright side...

Post by Spitfire_subgun » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:11 pm

Paul Winters wrote:On the bright side, like me, nobody will know you lost your hair. Best of luck and look forward to seeing you in any capacity.

You will be in our thoughts,

Paul : -)#

Thank You Paul!

Actually I was hoping for a chemo session I hear the hair grows back fuller maybe I could do a Trump comb-over. Or just get a mop.
Spitfire_subgun

Ulwembu

Post by Ulwembu » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:22 pm

Spitfire_subgun wrote:I guess you were thinking you were gonna get out of taking care of me from last April, for bringing you ammo all the way from Florida! LOL

Damn... He still remembers... :mrgreen:

Spitfire_subgun

Post by Spitfire_subgun » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:54 am

Ulwembu wrote:

Damn... He still remembers... :mrgreen:

:wink: YES, Up until I get radiated
Spitfire_subgun

Spitfire_subgun

Post by Spitfire_subgun » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:14 pm

As of 4:31 today my radiation Dr informed that the result of my PET Scan showed that I am Cancer Free!!!

Thanks to all those who sent me their best wishes and prayers. You guys are the best it worked!!!

Michael And Judy
Spitfire_subgun

todd
Site Admin

Post by todd » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:22 am

Congrats Mike!

Shaggy
What number appears twice below: 9

Post by Shaggy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:18 pm

That's awesome news! I hope that you and Judy can make it up to the next Creek to celebrate. Sandy and I'll take you out to dinner. See you soon, John

Spitfire_subgun

Post by Spitfire_subgun » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:40 pm

Thanks Shaggy

Yes we will definitely be at the April shoot 40 lbs lighter and ready to shoot.
Spitfire_subgun

medphys
What number appears twice below: 9

Post by medphys » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Cheers to good health!

See you in a few months :)

bwe firearms

Post by bwe firearms » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:10 am

Congratulations Mike. I hope 2016 is a much better year than 2015 was for you.
Richard
Gunsmith/Class 2 Manufacturer

BWE Firearms & Uzi HQ
Longwood, FL
(407) 592-3975
Richard@bwefirearms.com
http://www.bwefirearms.com
http://www.UziParts.com