Bowling pin match

Videos of competitions only. Show us what you have done. Please include event date and name.

This video repository can be a training tool for both stage designers, competitors and range officers.
Garrett

Bowling pin match

Post by Garrett » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:42 pm

We do indoor bowling pin shoots in west Michigan. Turnout was a little low this month, due to all the snow we've gotten in the past few days. But it's still a fun time.

For each run, the shooter has three tables with 5 pins each. Pin placement depends on which division they are shooting in. Big Bore has the pins set on the front of the table, Small Bore about 6" from the rear, and Rimfire or Carbine (rimfire, centerfire, or Auto) all set the pin on the back edge of the table. The tables look to be around 3 feet front-to-back. Time goes until the last pin hits the ground, and the best two tables are used for score.

I wasn't able to get under 2 seconds on any table, but I came close a couple of times. I did two runs with the Uzi, but only got video on one run.

Also it's loud and obnoxious, but I find the Desert Eagle in .357 has no problem taking pins off from the front of the table.
(fireballs are fun, too!)

medphys
What number appears twice below: 9

Re: Bowling pin match

Post by medphys » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:24 pm

Sweet.

I hope to get up there February or March. Life just keeps getting in the way.

Garrett

Post by Garrett » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:35 pm

medphys wrote:Sweet.

I don't think you wanted to drive out here this weekend anyway. There was a 100+ car pile-up yesterday between here and where you live. It was complete with burning truck full of fireworks, and everything.

medphys
What number appears twice below: 9

Post by medphys » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:49 pm

Garrett wrote:
medphys wrote:Sweet.

I don't think you wanted to drive out here this weekend anyway. There was a 100+ car pile-up yesterday between here and where you live. It was complete with burning truck full of fireworks, and everything.
I saw that. Crazy.

The best I could do was send 5 suppressed 22lr rounds into a couple phone books, just now.

Ulwembu
What number appears twice below: 0

Post by Ulwembu » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:33 pm

Looks like a lot of fun. Just make sure you use the ones made of wood and not plastic ;) The plastic ones are known for their full power ricochets :P

Garrett

Post by Garrett » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:47 pm

Ulwembu wrote:Looks like a lot of fun. Just make sure you use the ones made of wood and not plastic ;) The plastic ones are known for their full power ricochets :P
I've never seen solid plastic pins. They have always been wood core with a plastic cover.

The usually have a core of pine, or some other soft wood. But once we got a batch with a hardwood core. A soft core will soak up a lot of rounds. We found the hardwood cores would shatter impressively when hit. Lots of fun to watch, but you go through a lot more pins in the course of a match.

Ulwembu
What number appears twice below: 0

Post by Ulwembu » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:04 pm

The plastic ones are the modern ones. At a match at a club nearby they still have the holes in the back wall (the wall behind the shooters and spectators) to prove their risk. Couple of guys got hit and ones had to get stitches in his upper lip.

We normally use the ones you describe ;)