Las Vegas Subgun Gun Match 6/12/11

Videos of competitions only. Show us what you have done. Please include event date and name.

This video repository can be a training tool for both stage designers, competitors and range officers.
VegasSMG
What number appears twice below: 0

Las Vegas Subgun Gun Match 6/12/11

Post by VegasSMG » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 pm

Video of random runs.

Additional video, photos, and results at this link. (Don't miss the gun cam videos!)
http://www.vegasshooters.com/forum/show ... ch-6-12-11

Edit: put video in line - T

todd
Site Admin

Re: Las Vegas Subgun Gun Match 6/12/11

Post by todd » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:58 am

Awesome video VegasSMG. Looks like the sin city crowd are having a hell of a lot of fun with those plate racks. Long live the style points! That AM 180 is rocking

Dude.. holy crap man.. WAY to go laying waste to those targets in your run.. talk about the spirit of the game.. you let loose.. that was awesome!

VegasSMG

Post by VegasSMG » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:20 am

Thanks Todd. On the first run, a completed sweep of the plate rack was worth five seconds off your score for a total of ten seconds for the two racks. The run you saw in the video gave me zero style points so it was a true 'spirit of the game" strategy and it worked well enough that day. I had a mag change on my first run that may have cost me 2nd place but it is what it is. Honestly, that's about as good as my old fat ass can shoot and I'm pleased with my overall score.

Over the past year, we've seen enough of our regular crowd buy AM-15s, American 180s, Norrell .22 packs, etc. that we're encouraged enough to try a dedicated .22 class. Good people have spent many thousands of dollars on .22LT NFA toys and they would naturally love to be able to use them once a month. It'll be a challenge to set up stages so everything is as fair for everyone as we can make it and we'll just see how it goes. This new rimfire class will start when we return to shooting after our two month summer break. Details to follow.

Hope you saw the AM-15 jam cam.... er make that gun cam. ;)
http://youtu.be/QNrt3Qss4Sk

medphys
What number appears twice below: 9

Post by medphys » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:38 pm

That's some pretty cool video. You guy's have a great set up out there and I like the fact that you feature so many different guns. I love love seeing the 22's mixed in with the stock M11!

todd
Site Admin

Post by todd » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Glad to see you guys adding in the 22lr class. It's worked well for our group and we have 2-5 people each month shooting it exclusively. Also for what it's worth we've added about 10-15 new shooters who shoot semi-auto with us each month.

Saw the jam cam.. it is what it is... better than not shooting at all I suppose :) Thanks for sharing the vids man it's great to see what you guys are up to