Shooting Subguns on an IPSC Course

Videos of competitions only. Show us what you have done. Please include event date and name.

This video repository can be a training tool for both stage designers, competitors and range officers.
medphys
What number appears twice below: 9

Shooting Subguns on an IPSC Course

Post by medphys » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:39 pm

Thanks to the work of klyph12, several of us got a chance to run the IPSC course along side the pistol shooters at the Detroit Sportsmen's Congreee in Michigan on Father's Day. We were squaded as a group so we didn’t get in anybody’s way and everything worked out well. It was a beautiful day with great weather and the shoot was relatively stress free. I didn’t have much free time, but I did manage to get a few pics and video.

There were 7 stages to shoot and each one was a challenge. Overall I had a blast and learned that style points are easily wiped out be 10 second penalties.

NWBuckeye

Glad everyone had a fun/Safe time.

Post by NWBuckeye » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:35 pm

1) How did the run times/Scores compare to the Pistol Shooters?.
2) Was there anything you think could have been changed to better suit Subgunners or were all the stages cool?.
3) What was the average ammo amounts used btw. shooters?.
4) You said:Overall I had a blast and learned that style points are easily wiped out be 10 second penalties.?. LOL. Explain please!! :mrgreen:

medphys

Re: Glad everyone had a fun/Safe time.

Post by medphys » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:02 pm

NWBuckeye wrote:1) How did the run times/Scores compare to the Pistol Shooters?

I think the pistol guys were faster, but we definately looked way cooler!

2) Was there anything you think could have been changed to better suit Subgunners or were all the stages cool?

More steel. Paper works, but there is a learning curve. It's easy to know if you hit steel, not so much with paper.

3) What was the average ammo amounts used btw. shooters?

I probably went through about 200 rounds.

4) You said:Overall I had a blast and learned that style points are easily wiped out be 10 second penalties.?.LOL. Explain please!! :mrgreen

I think there was -40 seconds available for style, but each "missed" target was +10 seconds. A miss was a target with not enough hits in the A-B area. Basically center of mass and head. Most targets required 2 hits, some 3. I had -20 for style and +30 for "misses."

todd
Site Admin
What number appears twice below: 0

Re: Shooting Subguns on an IPSC Course

Post by todd » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:47 am

Awesome video thanks for sharing. It looks like you all had a great time. Love the courses of fire too!

medphys

Post by medphys » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:11 am

todd wrote:Awesome video thanks for sharing. It looks like you all had a great time. Love the courses of fire too!
It was fun shooting, but it took me a while to get used to shooting paper. After the second stage I realized that I really couldn't see the dot very well so I changed to the dot with a circle around it. That seemed to help a bunch. Hopefully this type of course will help me prepare for the MI State match in August.

klyph12

Post by klyph12 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:05 pm

We had fun after a little shaky start with new score sheets and fish bowl environment. A lot of people were curious, as full auto matches are new to Michigan. We have 3 more matches scheduled for the rest of the summer, one at SKSC-July, the State match at Black Creek-August and one up near Cadillac -Sept.

Good video Todd and thanks for coming up and letting me shoot the AMP-11 upper on my M11.

Thanks to Joe, who is a member there and got us in the door.

todd
Site Admin
What number appears twice below: 0

Post by todd » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Well Kudos to all of you for being great ambassadors to the sport.