Knob Creek Fall 2011

Videos of competitions only. Show us what you have done. Please include event date and name.

This video repository can be a training tool for both stage designers, competitors and range officers.
Icer
What number appears twice below: 0

Re: Knob Creek Fall 2011

Post by Icer » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:45 pm

todd wrote:Knob creek has one "Stage" made up of several "strings" of targets. :)

6000 miles. is no joke You could opt to fly :p

I've flown with NFA items before............but I don't enjoy doing it. Especially since I'm guaranteed one or more connections when flying out of Reno..........too many opportunities for Murphy to work his magic. :evil:
Having driven cross country eight or nine times now, I always look forward to the adventure. Plus I know the ammo I bring is tested, sighted in, and 100% reliable.

As far as competition terminology is concerned, I've always described a target string as multiple timed runs on the same target array. For example a stage in which the first string on three targets at 20 yards is fired freestyle, the second string on those same targets is fired strong hand, and the final string is fired weak hand. Each string has a separate time that is added up when the stage is scored.
Certainly not a big deal..........could just be chalked up to geographic/regional differences in terminology.

todd
Site Admin

Post by todd » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:02 pm

Icer I too dislike flying with NFA however for $125/yr you can get $25k worth of insurance for your guns through historic firearms. Granted the guns are replaceable but that puts my mind at ease when I do fly. If you need the info I can pull it up from my policy if you want to check out the coverage.

The post 9/11 changes to security at airports has made me feel much better about flying with firearms as there would be a hell of a lot of explaining to do if they "lost a machine gun" on a plane... the media would go absolutely ape shit with the story and I think the TSA is well aware of that

Icer

Post by Icer » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:14 am

todd wrote:Icer I too dislike flying with NFA however for $125/yr you can get $25k worth of insurance for your guns through historic firearms. Granted the guns are replaceable but that puts my mind at ease when I do fly. If you need the info I can pull it up from my policy if you want to check out the coverage.

The post 9/11 changes to security at airports has made me feel much better about flying with firearms as there would be a hell of a lot of explaining to do if they "lost a machine gun" on a plane... the media would go absolutely ape shit with the story and I think the TSA is well aware of that

Thanks for the offer on your insurance info.
I'm pretty familiar with both Historic and Collectibles Insurance. Seems like the topic comes up on subguns.com on a weekly basis. :)
It's not so much the monetary loss as it is the inconvenience of misplaced and damaged baggage. Arriving at a match without gear and guns is a real PITA.
Anyway, I'll make it out to Knob Creek one of these days............one way or another!

todd
Site Admin

Post by todd » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:58 am

Icer wrote:
todd wrote:Icer I too dislike flying with NFA however for $125/yr you can get $25k worth of insurance for your guns through historic firearms. Granted the guns are replaceable but that puts my mind at ease when I do fly. If you need the info I can pull it up from my policy if you want to check out the coverage.

Thanks for the offer on your insurance info.
I'm pretty familiar with both Historic and Collectibles Insurance. Seems like the topic comes up on subguns.com on a weekly basis. :)
It's not so much the monetary loss as it is the inconvenience of misplaced and damaged baggage. Arriving at a match without gear and guns is a real PITA.
Anyway, I'll make it out to Knob Creek one of these days............one way or another!
Groovy... well should you ever need a loaner gun for any reason let me know. I've got a couple uzi's you're welcome to use.

chili17

Post by chili17 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:02 pm

with 147gr bullets loaded to 1000fps ROF for the closed bolt max31 is around 830 for me and the open bolt is around 775 rof. Both are easy to pull singles with. Game changer? In closed bolt I think so. I really dislike mp5s and m16/9s. I supposed it is all just what you are used to shooting. I will say that having the ROF and mag capacity of the max31 is comforting!

ktwm
What number appears twice below: 9

Post by ktwm » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:29 pm

Chilli,

Is that with a silencer attached?

chili17

Post by chili17 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:36 pm

no sir

medphys

Post by medphys » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:44 pm

Well, it looks like Todd gets to be king for a full year... Spring Knob Creek has been canceled.

ktwm

Post by ktwm » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:27 pm

medphys wrote:Well, it looks like Todd gets to be king for a full year... Spring Knob Creek has been canceled.

Damn, I was planning on making that one.

todd
Site Admin

Post by todd » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:20 am

It seems kind of crazy to think they couldn't get a temp solution in place in 2.5 months.

ktwm

Post by ktwm » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:23 pm

todd wrote:It seems kind of crazy to think they couldn't get a temp solution in place in 2.5 months.
With the government permits and regulations involved with replacing a bridge, it does'nt sound that crazy to me.

todd
Site Admin

Post by todd » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:17 am

ktwm wrote:
todd wrote:It seems kind of crazy to think they couldn't get a temp solution in place in 2.5 months.
With the government permits and regulations involved with replacing a bridge, it does'nt sound that crazy to me.
With Ft Knox being around the corner and probably 100 miles of mobile bridge work ... it seems crazy to me :)