DSC fifth official match in Hoorn, the Netherlands!

Pre event discussion and post event analysis of events to help competitors, stage designers and event coordinators better their craft.
Ulwembu
What number appears twice below: 0

DSC fifth official match in Hoorn, the Netherlands!

Post by Ulwembu » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:39 am

We held our 5th official match for Dutch Subgun Competition in the north of the Netherlands and to be specific in Hoorn. After an almost 2 hours drive we finally arrived at the range and started the building of the COF. We first of doing a shoot house but were warned that for our country that is not politically correct (yeah yeah, tell me about it). As we still wanted a maze like course, we started thinking and came up with: PACMAN! So we made little ghosts that had clays for eyes, little yellow pacmans with targets to eat and bigger pacmans with steelplates in front of them.
We had 4 shooting positions as usual with 50 targets. The shooters had the choice of starting to the left or the right and then move forward deciding themselves which shooting position to be taking next (shooting positions were set in a square). In the middle of the steelplates we had set up our Polish Plate Rack which could be shot either from the left or the right shooting box.
Distances were from 3 to 15 yards.
DSC Hoorn (640x360).jpg
DSC Hoorn (640x360).jpg (167.52 KiB) Viewed 6013 times
Unfortunately we forgot to film one of our own runs :(

It was a big succes again with 89 runs done in 7 hours. One more match and the Nationals and we've finalized the first season of this new shooting sport in the Netherlands. I think we can say that Dutch Subgun Competition is pretty big hit and we're definetely going to organize more matches in 2014.

todd
Site Admin

Re: DSC fifth official match in Hoorn, the Netherlands!

Post by todd » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:40 pm

I gotta come visit.. this looks fun! Big kudos to you for all your work putting this together. You should be very proud

Ulwembu

Re: DSC fifth official match in Hoorn, the Netherlands!

Post by Ulwembu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:07 am

I am :mrgreen: But it's not only my achievement. My friend Joris does a lot of the creative thinking. Also, most of the idea came from the KCR matches so everyone involved in those should be proud as well ;)

Ordered more steel this week: 10 8" square plates for the Nationals at the end of December and 2 more 20"x30" plates to build mobile bullet catchers from. AR400 steel 1/3" thick. Expensive but will last forever with pistol calibers (about USD 450.00 total). Next will be a Texas Star for which we already have AR500 plates and I still want to be able to change the Polish Plate Rack to an Irish Plate Rack... The shooters are really going to hate that one LOL!