October 2014 Stage design

Pre event discussion and post event analysis of events to help competitors, stage designers and event coordinators better their craft.
Spitfire_subgun
What number appears twice below: 0

October 2014 Stage design

Post by Spitfire_subgun » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:41 pm

Keeping this one close to the vest, Paul?

Haven't heard a peep about what your thinking or a theme we can can wrap our minds around, to get in side your head.

Just want to know the usual stuff round count, mag capacity, number of shoot and no shoot targets, LOL

See you soon................
Spitfire_subgun

Ulwembu

Re: October 2014 Stage design

Post by Ulwembu » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:41 am

Theme is car racing. I know he unloaded a bunch of car tires at the Creek last week. We will be adding a bunch of no shoots in the target arrays to limit the advantages that the drums have. Round count is most often around the same number (except for that one where Andy was asking if it was the batlle of Faluja all over again :mrgreen: ).

bob

Post by bob » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:36 pm

OOOH! Don't say tires!

Seriously, I have a .45 ACP slug that hit a tire down range and came back, hitting me in the left chest.

Thankfully, or for some, unfortunately, it had lost enough velocity that it just smacked me hard and knocked me on my ass.

I still have the slug and use it in Range Safety Officer and Basic Pistol classes.

I hope that's wrong about tires, cause I'll be no where near tires downrange, a HUGE, HUGE I say safety risk.

Rant off.

Bob
Bob
EMT-Basic
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Endowment Life Member

"When you leave the range, nobody will remember how accurate you were, or how fast you were, Everyone will remember how safe you were"

Paul Winters

Post by Paul Winters » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:34 am

This one is a race track scenario. The tires will be used as shooting positions. I agree about any tires other than popper pads down range. I am about to post on the boards. Just finished terms with our sponsor. Working on the write up. It is all good. See you there.

: -)#

bob

Post by bob » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:57 am

Cool, Thank You.

That was an experience I hope and intend to never let happen again. The "math coordinator" for that event just looked at me and said "wow", didn't even register with this guy what could have happened.

Needless to say, I'll never set foot on that property ever again.

Thanks! See you in a few weeks

Bob
Bob
EMT-Basic
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Endowment Life Member

"When you leave the range, nobody will remember how accurate you were, or how fast you were, Everyone will remember how safe you were"

medphys
What number appears twice below: 9

Post by medphys » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:57 am

Vroom, vroom.