ISSMC 2007

Pre event discussion and post event analysis of events to help competitors, stage designers and event coordinators better their craft.
Hyperion
What number appears twice below: 0

Post by Hyperion » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:44 am

Sounds like you guys had fun. Next year I'll have to make sure that I make the reservations early. As it was, I was at that Michigan event over the weekend and consumed much ammo. :D

Congratulations Andy on your performance in the Open class. You must have had your moonboots on. Can't wait to see the videos.

Todd, did you ever get the videos of the KCR match?

todd
Site Admin

Post by todd » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:23 pm

Yo Hyperion yes I did get the videos of KCR thank you but I have not had any time at all to edit them and get them online. I will get to them when I get the ISSMC videos up next week sometime.

mp40gunner

Post by mp40gunner » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:27 pm

Todd,

Any place that this many great shooters hang out is a good place to be. I really like the site.

If you have some ideas let us know. We will all be at the Creek in October. I go on Saturday in the Fall due to son playing Varisty Football.

I'll look up the load in the next few days and let you know. I'm always interested in something that might work better as well.

As soon as JT gets his house back in order from the Carpet cleaning he'll start posting pictures and videos on the ISSMC page.

I can tell you the Tommy was really dirty after all the fun shooting and the 3 other people that made complete runs with it. It was a relief to know what caused the problem. It just stinks that 2.00 worth of rivets shot a good run down the drain. Live and learn I guess.
"Get Some"

todd
Site Admin

Post by todd » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:32 pm

First photo =)
Attachments
ISSMC2007-26 .JPG
Trophy winners + ISSMC crew
ISSMC2007-26 .JPG (148.2 KiB) Viewed 4762 times

mp40gunner

Post by mp40gunner » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:48 pm

I love the suppressor award. It's not every day that you see a suppressor come apart and melt the tarp where it landed. Those guys are a blast and have so much fun. I can't wait to see if that gets covered under warranty.
"Get Some"

VegasSMG

Post by VegasSMG » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:56 pm

After my first ISSMC last year, I HATED to miss the 2007 event. A guest from London was scheduled to stay with us last weekend and I couldn't work it out. My eldest daughter is getting married the last weekend of September and I know that's the weekend of the AZ State match so I'll miss that one too. Life got in the way and I couldn't make the short 135 mile drive to the SubGuns.com 10th anniversary at this year's spring Big Sandy shoot. It's just not been my year and I have or will miss a lot of friends and places.

On the suppressor award. Would you believe he's moving out here to work? I spoke with him yesterday and he's due in town sometime today. The Callahan clan is certain to become regular visitors in the months to come, and I welcome their presence at our local matches. We had a blast at the 2006 ISSMC and at this year's Uzi Talk event in Texas. Good bunch of guys!

I've already heard a lot of chatter regarding this year's event from several different people... I can't wait for the serious discussion to begin. :roll:

I know last year I hurt myself on what should have been a decent run with two stupid dropped targets, (handgun stage), and a procedural. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. There's always next year...

todd
Site Admin

Post by todd » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:31 pm

Try to make plans to attend next year VegasSMG. I am already looking forward to it already as it serves as a good vacation and a perfect opportunity to visit with family in MI. Perhaps we can get subgunFan back there as well and make it an annual thing for us to all pow wow.

mp40gunner

Post by mp40gunner » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:03 pm

Vegas,

You know with Scott moving out there, I have been talking with the Callahan clan about coming out and shooting in one of your monthly matches. I have an Uncle and cousin that moved out there anyway. I don't know how they handle the heat, but that is another story all together.

All four of them were at my house this year on Thursday till about 1:30AM. What a riot. Scott said he was going to hook up with when he gets out there.

With the discussion that has been going on, I think next year could be even better, although the weather would be difficult to beat.

Cain
"Get Some"

VegasSMG

Post by VegasSMG » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:08 pm

mp40gunner wrote:Vegas,

You know with Scott moving out there, I have been talking with the Callahan clan about coming out and shooting in one of your monthly matches. I have an Uncle and cousin that moved out there anyway. I don't know how they handle the heat, but that is another story all together.
I fully expect to see Mike and others from the clan as time passes. We'd love to have you and anyone else attend one of our little monthly matches. They're nothing real special, but we have some great guys and a few are pretty fair shots. We DO have a lot of fun. We've shut down for our two month summer break but resume the monthly matches in September on the 2nd Sunday of each month. Go to the Vegas Shooters board and take a look at the Monthy Subgun Match forum. Many of the past events will have photos posted along with a brief description of the match and the results and to give you some idea of what we're doing out west. http://vegasshooters.proboards2.com/

mp40gunner wrote:All four of them were at my house this year on Thursday till about 1:30AM. What a riot. Scott said he was going to hook up with when he gets out there.
Consider yourself lucky... At least you got a few hours sleep. :D When I get together with Mike... well, I don't have to tell you how much fun can be had. You're a damn funny guy yourself!
mp40gunner wrote:With the discussion that has been going on, I think next year could be even better, although the weather would be difficult to beat. Cain
Anything weather would been better than last year! I still had a great time and I'll come back again just for the people. I got a huge dose of Hoosier hospitality last year and the range is beautiful. It'd be nice if you could add a berm or two up on the hill for additional stages. You've got lots of space that seems like it could be utilized... Tom