2015 Subgun Championship - subguns not allowed

Pre event discussion and post event analysis of events to help competitors, stage designers and event coordinators better their craft.
bwe firearms
What number appears twice below: 0

2015 Subgun Championship - subguns not allowed

Post by bwe firearms » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:19 pm

I saw posts on Facebook announcing this shoot and that Keltec just announced they signed up to sponsor the match. I heard they are not allowing subguns at the match. I contacted them and they confirmed it. Even though they are saying it is a subgun match, subguns are currently not allowed at the club it is being held at.

How is it a subgun match when you can't compete with a subgun?

I would hate to see anyone make the trip to Atlanta, pay the $145 entrance fee and then not be able to shoot.
Richard
Gunsmith/Class 2 Manufacturer

BWE Firearms & Uzi HQ
Longwood, FL
(407) 592-3975
Richard@bwefirearms.com
http://www.bwefirearms.com
http://www.UziParts.com

Ulwembu

Re: 2015 Subgun Championship - subguns not allowed

Post by Ulwembu » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:14 pm

So it's a subgun match without subguns? Will be a quiet match then :P

todd
Site Admin

Post by todd » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:40 pm

So here's the skinny on this. Our buddies at Kel Tec are sponsoring this event. The range it will be at currently does not allow full auto. I've spoken to the match director and the other folks involved and I believe they will be trying to get a special insurance rider for the weekend of this event. Kel Tec being the awesome guys they are, are asking that it have full auto as well since our group down here in FL helped show them the way of the pew pew pew for subguns.

If they make it a two day event for shooting on both days I plan on attending. otherwise it's not worth the drive and expense.

-Todd

bob

Post by bob » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:46 am

Any more on this, Todd?

I think it said 9 stages, $145.00 through is an awful steep registration, best be shootin out of a helicopter and have Playboy Bunnies stuffin mags, wow.

Be curious to hear more.

As a side note, Wisconsin is back in the game, they have three matches scheduled May 3, June 14, September 14, good guys who run a good match.
Bob
EMT-Basic
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Endowment Life Member

"When you leave the range, nobody will remember how accurate you were, or how fast you were, Everyone will remember how safe you were"

klyph12
What number appears twice below: 9

Post by klyph12 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:47 am

Who is running the WI matches now, their website is outdated - I want make sure they are on before I reserve a room. I plan on going to the May 3rd match.

- Clif

bob

Post by bob » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:54 am

Rick Winters is back. His health has improved greatly, I'll be calling him later, will be sure to pass along your concerns. Wisconsin is a lot more reasonable and a lot more a sure thing than the mis-leading mess in Atlanta. I can't believe they think that $145.00 is a "reasonable" entrance fee for only 9 stages!

I guess 3-gunners are a lot better off than we are, make them the "Shooting Elite" now. I've asked several questions of whoever in their camp runs their Facebook page, keep getting the runaround and political answers. Will decide after NRA if I'll mess with it at all, want to talk to some of their sponsors, see if they know anything about it.

I'd be at all of those days in Wisconsin, but can't afford it any more, June may be my match for the year.

Take Care
Bob
EMT-Basic
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Endowment Life Member

"When you leave the range, nobody will remember how accurate you were, or how fast you were, Everyone will remember how safe you were"